PRODUCT – HD 430 RIC DIGITAL HEARING AID.
PRICE – £499 (UK) – $649 (USA).
GUARANTEE – 12 MONTHS WARRANTY
WHERE TO BUY
OVERALL RATING – 4.7 OUT OF 5.
Discreet hearing aids are becoming increasingly popular and they don’t come much more discreet than the HD 430 RIC device. This tiny digital hearing aid looks good when worn. It also packs a powerful punch for something so small.
Although it is classed as a traditional behind the ear (BTE) model, this device is very difficult to detect when worn. The case is connected to the receiver by a very thin transparent tube. The receiver sits inside the ear canal and the case is almost unseen sitting behind the ear.
The HD 430 can be bought ready to wear. It requires no fitting nor even a hearing test. It is fully programmable with your latest audiogram. Simply send this to hearing direct.com and you will have your device delivered within a couple of days.
Who is the HD 430 (UK) or HD 430 (USA) suitable for?
This device is suitable for anyone with a mild to moderate hearing loss. The exceptional features make it ideal for a number of different environments. It can be worn at work, doing sports and is particularly good in social situations such as restaurants etc….
For those people with a higher degree of hearing loss, hearing direct.com can offer a wide range of alternatives with similar features and the same degree of discreetness.
The Pros and Cons of the HD 430
Highlights of this hearing aid include the hydro-guard, a water-resistant coating that acts as a barrier against moisture and dirt. This, in turn, can help to increase the lifespan of the device.
You can focus on a conversation within a crowded restaurant, thanks to directional twin microphone and speech enhancement technology. Distracting background noise is filtered out, leaving you with a purer more natural sound.
With multiple memory settings and 16 sound processing channels, your device can be programmed to adapt to a number of your favorite listening environments and can operate according to your individual hearing requirements.
It also has a telecoil facility, perfect for keeping you connected. It operates using a 312 battery, providing you with a battery life that is impressive for the size of the hearing aid.
There isn’t really a downside to this ingenious device. If I am being overly critical, then I would have to point out that the HD 430 doesn’t have the connectivity to smartphones and other devices that some other hearing aids have.
This is purely a personal opinion regarding connectivity. At the price range of the HD 430, you get much more than most devices would have. If being able to connect your hearing aid to your iPhone or smartphone doesn’t matter to you then this device would score a perfect 5.
The key features of the HD 430 (UK) or HD 430 (USA)
- Receiver-in-canal digital hearing aid
- Hydro-guard – acts as a barrier to both moisture and dirt
- Discreet and compact
- Feedback Shield – aims to eradicate unwanted whistling
- Tele-coil compatible
- Adaptive speech enhancement – making it easier to follow a conversation
- Dual directional microphones – helps to distinguish between speech and background noise by using a trademarked tracking technology
- Environmental classification noise reduction – means the hearing aid intuitively adapts according to speech versus noise ratio in your immediate vicinity
- Powered by a 312 battery
- Low battery warning indicator
- 16 sound processing channels
- 30-day money back guarantee
- 12 months manufacturer’s warranty
- Multi-memory options – designed to fit with different listening environments.
As you can see this small wonder really packs a punch in terms of the technology inside it. There are a lot of more expensive models on the market that don’t contain half of the features of the HD 430. It really does stand alone in its class.
Tool and training for the HD 430.
If bought through hearing direct.com you will be able to download the user manual. This will have all the instructions to enable you to get the most out of your new device.
You will also have access to three videos showing,
HD430RIC Insertion and Removal.
HD430RIC Cleaning and Maintenance.
HD430RIC Battery Insertion and Operation.
Support from Hearing Direct (UK) or Hearing Direct (USA)
I have been using hearing direct.com for a number of years and would thoroughly recommend them if you are considering buying a new hearing aid. These devices aren’t cheap and you should always look to buy from a reputable supplier. With Hearing Direct.com you will get,
- We aim to save you money – with our competitive pricing on quality hearing aids. Being an online company, our overheads are significantly lower than those on the high street, so we can afford to pass those savings on to you. Simple.
- A fast and efficient delivery service – if you live in the UK and order online or via our dedicated phone service today, your purchase could arrive as early as tomorrow.
- Free advice from a qualified hearing aid audiologist is available when purchasing one of our hearing aids. They are there to answer any questions relating to your specific hearing needs including performance or fitting issues.
- Pre-programmed hearing aids are initially set up assuming a high-frequency requirement most commonly attributed to age-related hearing loss. We can, however, personalize the device to reflect your specific hearing requirements if you send us your most recent audiogram to our email address email@example.com.
- We offer a 30-day money back guarantee so if you’re not satisfied with your purchase, return it within 30 days and you can receive a full refund.
(sourced from the hearing direct.com website)
You can check out my full review on Hearing Direct.com here.
The HD 430 RIC is a top quality receiver-in-canal hearing aid bursting with the latest technological advancements. It’s small, sleek, design means you can wear it with confidence and enjoy listening to the world around you. Given the impressive specification of this hearing aid, it really does represent outstanding value for money.
1 customer review.
I live in France and purchased from Hearing Direct the HD 430 RIC hearing aid.
I have had cheap ones in the past which have not had good sound and also some years ago a very expensive in-ear unit costing £2500 and after 3 years broke down and they wanted Euro 1000 to repair it.
The new unit has excellent clarity and background noise suppression. I had a minor problem with feedback but Joan at Hearing direct could not have been more helpful in resolving the problem. This at a fraction of the cost of a unit bought from a hearing
aid specialist shop.
|STAR RATING *****|